Help pit upgrade

i just bought a Intel Pentium 4. to replace my celeron 2.

but the 4 has hyper threading technology, and my MOBO doesnt support it. is there anyway w/out upgradind mobo to get it to work? and if not could you please post a link of suggests mobo to buy. i dont want to spend alot of money. less than 100.

(3PCI slots and 2 DDR ram needed)

Pit Viper|SF

Pit

You most likely need a 775 socket, and the mobo you have was socket G I believe. Checked online and mobo’s run from 49.99 up…good ones abouth 100, best 300. I am scrapping my sons when he gets home from fort eustis, and will check if his mobo fits the pentium 4…I think he has pentium 3, if it fits its yours.

My web source is nanosys1.com or general nanosystems…if you need anything holler and I will check it out

Borderlord

My whole new dual core, dual graphics system total cost was around 900.00 dollars

thanks border.

its socket 478. just FYI. and its ATX. if thats what your sons is and it supports hyper threading it’d be really nice.

Pit Viper|SF

I’m no computer tech, but I’m sure border knows what he is talking about.