Mouse troubles.

I’ve been having mouse problems for about week now. My pointer has been skipping around and will sometimes scroll all the way to the top or bottom of a page. Sometimes if freezes for a few seconds and then everything is just fine.

Last week I was in the middle of what looked to be a great SF vs 4 and my mouse just froze up completely. I ran upstairs to get the mouse off of my kids computer and plugged that mouse in. No help. I wiggled the connections and the mouse itself, checked inside for dust but it was clean. Sadly I restarted my computer and it was still stuck. So I restarted again and it worked fine.

This mouse came with my computer and is about 1 1/2 years old. I have no problem going out and buying a new mouse, but my kid’s mouse wasn’t working either on my computer. It is very random, but is starting to drive me nuts.

Should I buy a new mouse? Or is there some other possible cause? What do you guys think?

Lemons For Greater Justice!

I never had this problem and dont know if this will work, but it takes 5 minuets so…

Go to controll pannel. If you dont know where that is paste Control Panel into the adress bar in your IE.

Then go to the icon called Mouse. Go to hardware, last tab. Check Device Status, if it says everything is fine, go to properties on the bottom then Driver tab on top. Update drivers.

Or you can click the troubleshoot button and answer a few questions.

I assume your kids mouse has a PS2 port so that would explain why it didn’t work as you have to reboot to get it working once it is connected.

But that aside I would just buy yourself a new optical mouse as you dont have to clean them (no ball), so less prone to locking up.

This would be fine:

BestBuy

LOL I just noticed the perfect accessory for it!

Best Buy

That or he could go with a wireless optical mouse and get two rechargeable batteries with a recharger. So all he has to do is press the little reset button on the bottom and the button on the reciever to activate.

I prefer corded mouses, wireless tend to be quite heavy.

I’ve gone through at least 20 mouses lol, im using a Saitek Optical Mouse with a glowing blue mousewheel :slight_smile:
Im still tempted to get an expensive Laser mouse, very accurate for me and my gaming.

I went to Best Buy today, and after looking at all the mouses they had there, I actually thought the one Airwave recomeneded was best for me. So I bought it.
I also appreciate the advice on the Hello Kitty mousepad, but my kids are way ahead of you. We already have a Hello Kitty mousepad, but it has the same surface texture as bathroom floor tile. So that is sitting in the very bottom of my computer junk drawer, along with a Sleeping Beauty Jeanie bottle this is actually a joystick. My copy of Nexus is down there somewhere too.

Malone out.

Edit - I’ve been using this new mouse for about 15 minutes and all problems are solved. No lag, no skipping around. Life is good.

firstly most new machines u can infact swap ps2 over while its running…

secondly malone says he rebooted twice so even if number one is correct theres still an issue aside from the mouse itself prbably relatedto the ps2 software

3rdly just get a mouse that uses usb im 99% sure the ps2 port is the issue…unless splittys driver advice works

and lastly i didnt read malones last post before i made mine :stuck_out_tongue:

Good to hear your new mouse has solved your problem. I had the same mouse (in white) for 4 years and it served me well. It still works fine, but a few months ago I decided to upgrade to a laser mouse (as Zero mentioned) and bought the Razer Copperhead, and boy does it kick a$$ in FPS!!!

I want one, but first… a new phone.