My HW2 won't run on Windows Vista :(

saaad

:frowning:

When I install v 1.0 off of my CD, it runs fine. But, if I download and install the 1.1 patch, I get the following error:

“Conflict with Disc Emulator Software detected. See www.securom.com/emulation for more details”.

I’ve looked extensively for a fix on google. All Ive found are useless forum posts talking about “Alcohol 120%”, whatever that is (some sort of emulator I guess)?

I’ve emailed securom for help. I was wondering if somebody here might know the issue though…

Hold on so you did download the v1.1 patch already? If it stopped you before the download then you have to close all your programs your running or restart your computer…but that might not help..I don’t really know whats going on…but try what I said…anybody else know anything about this?

  • Max07|SF

Ha, no max, the problem is a lot more complicated than that, but I appreciate the suggestion anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

The issue is due to HW2’s copy protection firmware. I have contacted SecuRom and they have sent me a recompiled HW2 .exe which should include a workaround to the compatibility issue. I will try when I get home. I hope it works-

IT IS NOT COMPLICATED!! I HAD THAT ALSO 1 TIME!!

make an “system re-production” to an point were the game runs…means…before you install 1.1 ,start game new and it will work :unamused: :wink:

DANI—>out :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

Build a grav well.

I receive that error occasionaly whent returning from sleep mode. I’m running WinXPHome.

i have a simmilar problem to you user however a reboot usualy sorts it.

This is potentialy alot more damaging to the hw2 comunity if it is a compatability issue with vista bearing in mind that it is the new windows operating system that everyone is switching over too

Darc

Malone’s fearless prediction - Once Supreme Commander and Sins gather up some steam, there won’t be much of a HW1 or HW2 community.

Malone out.

off topic- Sins may end up being a worse joke as far as RTS games go, its possible so remember that,
Back on topic- I remember XP doing that to me so i got rid of the thing. Tw the best thing to do to play hw 2 is to go bac to your old op system. Either that or watch the screen all day! hehehe!

This topic might help you Twilight this is about hw2 and Vista
http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=136153