Pitty's uber leet smack your grandma fast DDs

Build:

0/0 collectors
res mod on CC cap mod on MS
reaserch DD
about half way through DD res. start building colls on CC. if you ever get too low on ru, pause colls, DD res is more important
Build DD
when dd is at 3/5 build hype mod
jump DD when complete.

Tactics

this strat is actually faster than HT if you break it down. and i enjoy it, but beware, if you get swarmed, and loose DD engines, your screwed, so make sure to have swarm support

Pit Viper|SF

Countering DD rush:

If you see someone setting up a DD rush, you definitely need to be ready for it. They can dish out a lot of damage if you’re not careful. Your shopping list looks similar to HT, in that you need:

  1. Grav
  2. Bombers. As many as you can spare.
  3. HS or other sensors.

If a DD is coming your way, kill off the engines first. If you’re facing a Hiig DD and have other anti-cap forces than bombers, move them in on the underside of the DD to kill it off. This is especially fun to do if you have marines around, since your frigs won’t take much damage before latching. Otherwise, just stick to bombers and kill it off.

Countering a DD counter

if someone counters your DDs, fine, stop jumping them, get about 3, have your partners get some frigates and interceptors, get them into a formation and then jump them, with flak and ion support, DDs are a pain mainly because if you focus on them , the ions will eat you apart, AND the DDs have alot more armour, so they cant take a beating

Pit Viper|SF

good idea pit!

Tried the uberfast DD and followed up with Double DD(lol almost sounds like im talking about girls I’ve had…lol) anywho…it was awesome to say the least, enemy tried to kill engies but they weren’t really smart with it and I managed to have support with ally for fighter cover, killed coll then caps, even a BC all in 20 min tops against intermediate level players, there were more than a few mistakes they made, such as only attacking one rear patch, only killing one dds engines, then the other once they were in range of the MSs, etc.

glad to see that these strats are being used.

DDs are quite frankly one of my favorite units, simply because they are pretty versatile, but rushing them is probably the best way to use em. the enemy can take out its engines, but theres still 8500 armour they have to break thru. although,i dont suggest using them in Very skilled games, simply because your gonna get rined unless you have practiced your DD micro alot. DDs are probably my most used strat, or were about 5 months ago. and even i dont dare using DDs in highly skilled games.

actually, i changed my mind. DDs are great in skilled games, but just know that your gonna have to jump them around and have alot of support. if ya know how to use em right. then use em. if ya dont, practice with em. (hell, i remember a time that kaskara kept moving his DD so that a BC couldnt hit him (there was a SY between the two) and that one DD took out that SY with the BC shootig at it the whole time. (wish i could record hw2 games, thatd be a classic)

Pit Viper|SF

Yea it would be nice to have a recording feature, sure I could fraps a game, but it will eat up my hard drive in that long amount of time, unless I grab a terabyte drive :stuck_out_tongue:

Insert random flashback…

Def maneuvering DDS are the way to go, I always do that. I remember a game a couple of months back with Sasha where I think we here playing the Chikens, anywho it was CB, Sasha was doing his awesome heavy dds hypering and I was pumping pulsars (Chiks were Vay) and ints…but that is beside the point.

I had a carrier over by the far rock beyond pos 3, it was circumnavigating a grav to jump and attack behind. I see that there are enemy colls at that rock so Sasha tosses a DDs my way and it takes out the colls. I manage to get the carrier to the next nebcloud when out of the blue a BC pops in. I’ve been buildings dds too and I hypered one of my own over to help escort the carrier.

So the Vay BC starts attacking my dds, however with improved engies on the one that sasha gave me I am able to keep moving out of the way of the trinity cannon and I have found that if you can make a Vay BC become perpendicular to your dds, say the Vay BC is vertical facing up and your dds is above him and in close and you keep trying to move the dds behind the BC, so if the Vay BC was at 90 deg and you move the dds to 100 deg the AI prevents it from going further from that without it rolling around, in other words a Vay BC won’t flip upside down.

So my ints killed the missile battery and my dds danced around till the BC was dead. I believe we ended up winning that battle a good 30 min later when the Chiks had no res. thanks to Sasha and my ru op kills

I’ve also done the same as Kas with a dds and a enemy higgy BC, it was awesome.

yeah, DDs can be pretty sick, but you gotta be flexable with them, if your enemy is doing something like rushing Torps. lots of torps. then get bombers and a SY, double pump and xfer. and have your allies crank out ions. just be one step ahead of the enemy, recon and counter.

Pit Viper|SF