![]()
I wll post my ways of nuking the enemys strike craft.
basicly, scouts in deltas of three or claws of three or four are relly neat at decimating other scouts.
keep em on f4, attack the first two scouts of the incoming wave without adding z, if u have enuf , they will kill his scout, and u will be free to retarget, ‘hitching a ride on his back’ as your retarget a scout in the middle of his swarm that is currently passing yours by: result is that u can work your way up his swarm with alot z and retargetting, whilst he has only half of his scouts on ur tail.
works excellent against z spam bigwall or custom formations.
another thing thats nasty is to just keep the swarm on evsive and not moving, but keeping the zzzz spam active, until he passes over with his swarm, then immediatly switch F4, and retarget like a madman, working ur way up two scouts at a time. most of the time enemy s scouts are decimated before he realizes hes been had.
if you expect to go into a defensive battle, where u need to use yu scouts to stall, not to kill,like when going up against a swarm if u doing caps, try this :
delta of 2 scouts only. keep on f4 the first pass, then switch to f2, and zz spam like a madman while you target one scout after another, not groups of them, just one at a time, also target only the ones that are closer to your side of the map, this will help you in dragging away his scouts and inters from his corv force, allowing you to
a: reinforce faster
b: keep them longer alive cuzz there are no crovs nearby to shoot at them.
the delta of 2 scouts only is a miracle for defensive dogfighting when put on evasive because when you do that the scouts will not split up in groups of 2 anymore, but will fly separately, amking it alot harder to kill em.
these scouts is what project is always mad about when i use them, because i can hold his swarm of so long with it its not even funny.
another neat thing is the formationless aggressive tactic :
put all scouts on evasive, guard another scout.
when attacking just press aggressive and start retargetting, AS LONG AS YOUR IN THE SAME ATTACK PATTERN U WILL HAVE FORMATIONLESS KILLER SCOUTS, SO KEEP RETARGETTING, THREE SCOUTS FIRST, THEN WHEN TWO OF THOSE ARE KILLED IN UR NEXT RETARGET ADD TWO NEW ONES AND KEEP IT UP.
if u dont do this, after they have finished killing the first scouts they wil all go in very big gay deltas, and ur scouts will get murdered.
pretty difficult to do right, that tac.
also neat is using cancel order/custom formation tactics.
this is difficult to time, but it goes like this:
make a wall of ur scout, then press sphere and immediately press custom. attck the enemy scouts without using z.
then, JUST BEFORE u fully passed his fighters (after which normally follows a very long loop to get redy for the other pass) press cancel order, then start spamming zzzzzzz and retarget the scouts that are passing you.
the scouts move like a WHIP, killing at an insane rate an making almost no runs at all, just killing
theres plenty of other stuff but these are difficult enuf to train on for now
Written by n00bLS
LSM…Lost Souls Messy scout strat.
-
Select the 80 scouts.
~ Assign them group1 -
Select 10 scouts.
~ Move each 10 out away.
~ Do that untill you have 40 scouts free. They are in no formation.
~ Put on F3
~ This is group 2. -
Select 10 from the remaining 40 scouts.
~ 10 at a time, move them somewhere as close to eachother as possible. Then F11 them and F3 them.
~ Select another 10 scouts, and do the same.
~ Do this untill your out of scouts.
~ That should leave you with 4 seperate groups of 10 scouts each that are very close to eachother, and on F11 so they stay close like that.
~ Assign group 3 and keep on F3. -
When attacking.
~ Press 1 for all 80 scouts and then select to attack the enemy several times.
~ Once they go to attack press Z.
~Press 2 (the formationless scouts) and press K. They cover the fomationed scouts.
~ Press 3 for the formationed scouts. They will just attack the enemy. DO NOT make them (group3) kami.
This is just the newest one that i have came up with and i am not really sure on any counters for it. But i dedicate my work on this strat to LS, making it the LSM Strategy for the clan. We all can use it. I am still working on it and improving it. I will post later with further details on it and better ways to handle it.
Written by ViciousLS
Spheres Scout Strategy
Scout Madness and Regular games
By Vicious
You have 80 scouts.
- Group them, all 80 group 3.
- Press F3; make sure that they are on Neutral.
Select the top 40 scouts.
- Group them group 2.
- Press the F3 (Neutral)
- Move the group 2 away from the 40 scouts that are left.
- They are free, DO NOT assign them in any formations.
Select the bottom 40 scouts.
- Group them group 1
- Press the F3 (Neutral)
- Select the top 3 scouts.
~ Press F10 (sphere)
~ Move away from the group.
~ Once away, press F11 (custom formation) - Select 3 more scouts.
~ Press F10 (sphere)
~ Move them away from the group.
~ Once away, press F11 (custom formation) - Repeat that for the rest of the remaining scouts.
~ Just keep doing them steps above. - 4 scouts should remain.
~ Put the 4 remaining scouts in F5 (delta) formation. - Press 3 for the group.
~ Move together, so they are close.
When attacking.
- Press 3 for your group
~ Select the enemy to attack 3 or 4 times fast.
~ Press the Z button. - Press 2 for your free group.
~ Push the K button so they only will kami.
~ Sometimes you can press 2 and then do F2 or F3 so they get a speed booster. - Then push 3 and keep pressing Z for the buster.
Written by ViciousLS
Snake Strategy
Ok this may sound a little odd but I found a nice formation that seems to clean up fighters and small amounts of reinforcing vettes. I have had some varied results using this both good and bad. By taking about 30 or so fighters (works nicely with scouts) leaving them in parade formation and moving them strait to the right so they stay in a strait line and assigning them custom. You get a long stretched out row of fighters. It?s also best if you use aggressive tactics. I dunno how to explain how it does it but its shreds fighters to pieces in mere seconds. I am still testing it but it does look like it may be something useful if any1 would want to help me test it please lemme know. I would like to get to test this a little more in depth to see what it works well against. I never seen scouts target so fast
Written by ViciousLS
VicaGaran Strategy (VGS)
By Vicious & Hiigaran
-
Select the 80 scouts
~ Assign them group #3 -
Select 8 scouts
~ Put them in F9 (Wall)
~ Press F11 (Custom)
~ Put them on F4 (Aggressive)
~ Do this with 8 scouts until you have 4 walls -
Select 21 scouts
~ Put on F3 (Neutral)
~ Assign group #2
~ Leave formation less -
27 scouts should be left.
~ Assign them group #1
~ Select only 3
~ Press F10 (Sphere)
~ Then push F11 (Custom)
~ Repeat this until out of the scouts
When attacking
~ Press 3 and select to attack the enemy.
~ Press 2, and then press K for Kami.
~ Press 3, and then keep pressing Z for speed boost.
Written by ViciousLS
night:eda’s 4/wall custom swarm. Take 4 of a specific fighter group and make a wall of 4. Do this to all your fighters. Move to an area together, when they clump press f11. This is a mighty custom if used right. You need to retarget a lot.
This custom of night:eda’s is simply one idea of how to group scouts for custom, there are many that you can use, but I give this one because it indeed is very powerful when used right. I have however found that not one custom is a perfect fit against all swarms. It seems logical to think that perhaps this is simply me playing with it against players of different skill, but I choose to take the riskier approach. I personally have acknowledged custom swarms more powerful than any normal swarm( diff groups taking diff routes/runs.) So when I approach the formation of custom I am always open to try a different combination of groups or numbers, or approaches at fighting with it.
The newest approach I found in a lab with night. He was trying a new custom and wanted me to use anything at all against it. I attacked with his 4/wall custom and was doing ok, about even, when I tapped group #2 which was a separate group within my custom that I had made, I press f2 and had it fly about, he had attacked my entire swarm so immediately his custom veered off on a chase for about 2-3 scouts. I hadn’t made separate groups, just 1, so I then had to make all the remainder scouts still in custom become just group 1, because otherwise I would have my #2 goin from f2 to f4 if I ever tapped f4. So I now had 2 separate swarms. before he could figure a counter to this I had my group 2 which he then avoided become a new custom simply f8(claw) then when it was comin together f11(custom.) This custom even tho only half as big chased his when his chased mine. This happened about 4 times until I had him beat down to no scouts.
We had both started with 30, I had 14 left. It was nothing special in the lab, but the idea of using custom to finally perfect the multi grouped swarm was an intriguing thing.
Written by LightsEDA
Ok this tactic is COOL, and VERY useful, VERY VERY useful to start battles. Pay attention.
Ok most have read my previous comments on custom… I know. This is new. Noob recently thanked me for teaching him custom way back. This got me to thinking, because when I watch him play it doesn’t look like me (to me it doesn’t.) Well I’ve been practicing with an idea he said to me once. He said that custom on guard works well, Thor also told me this once. I have yet to find a custom on guard that will actually attack the enemy by itself, but I have found a good use for this.
Say you want to sphere a collector early on in a talas game, you have your wall coming, but its not there yet. Well go in on f4, f10(sphere) and attack it. Be waiting for the enemies scouts though. When you see them come guard a corvette in your wall, press f2 for your scouts, and zzzzz. This does something most haven’t seen b4. It drags your scouts quickly towards your wall (protection for them), but also your scouts will shoot all the way back, resembling an attack. This means the enemy is more likely to keep chasing you. Once I’m near the wall i have it attack the oncoming enemy ships, and have my scouts guard a single scout (i give it group #6 all the time for some reason.) Anyways, if I move this scout on f2, zzz in any direction my swarm on f2 will create the tightest custom you can possible imagine. Syntax uses this. Noob has I’m sure. Now the thing is that custom will only hold if ur on f4, so u need to go f4, f11. But it will hold, and it will be devastating.
The guard the wall idea is an initiator for battle, it is not the key. I mean if they dont send any collectors to middle b4 they’re fighters/corvs… then you cant fake them out with your scouts… at least not to the same degre. BUUT, you can still prepare this crazy custom b4 battle. I DO recommend using f2 quickly into a swarm battle if you are using custom, otherwise a good swarmer will pick your custom apart. The deadliest time for a custom swarm is when you are spread on f2, you press f4 (while attacking) and f9, your ships start firing as a group because they are trying to make 1 formation. B4 it is a wall, u press f9. Some rehashed stuff I know, but alot of good ppl use some of these ideas very successfully, so I dont think I can talk about it too much.
Written by LightsEDA