Seeking support

webdesign

Putting together a website for my family’s new business. Unforetunately, I’m very limited in my HTML/CSS knowledge… and don’t have any quick-and-easy programs such as FrontPage or DreamWeaver.

Few things I was wondering… are there any applications like the two mentioned above available for download online? I’ve not been able to find any myself. Also, does anyone have a specific FTP program they’d like to recommend to me?

Of course I have hosting… and plenty of resources to accomplish what I’m aiming to do. However, I am short on the knowledge of all the easy fixes and whatnot to get the job done well at the moment.

Any help or pointers would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Sorry Virtualwolf, I moved this from HW2 Discussion to Technical Discussion.
I hate to volunteer anyone, and I’m sure Zero is busy enough, but I think he did a great job on this site. Also, I saw Pit Viper’s work on the HW2 site and that looked good too.
Just wondering, what is the family business, and where are you located? I’d rather buy something from a freind than a stranger.
Lemons For Greater Justice!

Hey Virtual, I dont know of any programs other than Dreamweaver or Frontpage that you could use.

I would recommend Dreamweaver more anyway. You can pick up a free 30 day trial of the software from www.macromedia.com

For FTP, one of the best seems to be one called SmartFTP. You can get it here www.smartftp.com

If you need any help your most important resource is google. Most searches will turn up exactly what your looking for, but it can also be useful for ideas. Just viewing a website can bring vast amounts of inspiration on features and layouts.

Since your starting out, I would do every page in Seperate HTML and linking each one to your CSS style sheet. Depending on how many pages you have to do (if more then 15 then i’ll help you with something better and more advanced) then that shouldnt be to much work.

Try WYSIWYG