Syntax wants a little photoshop work plz!

Need logo for new business

Hello all, been a long time since I’ve been on the forums but I’ve seen most of you around WON. I was wondering if any of you would be willing to help me out a litte. I just started a new business and am in the process of putting up a VERY simple website to advertise my services (its a home computer help business, I do what Geeksquad does for half the price), monthly specials, flaunt my guarantees etc…

The name of the business is Woody’s Computer Service. I would like something like

http://www.plus.es/codigo/especiales/nube…amp;tipo=GRUPO6

only perhaps a full body and him leaning on a PC monitor (that is grey/white with a black screen) or computer tower. I’ve already invested in books, tools, and other stuff (carbon copy receipts etc…) and hit upon having someone else make the logo for me for three reasons

  1. I’m in college and can’t afford to buy one, but if someone would only charge me $20 I’d pay that.
  2. I would love a custom logo.
  3. Copyright. If I do well, which I hope I do then at some point someone might think it looks like Woody the Woodpecker. At that point I need someone else who made the logo (just a name, addy, and number for someone to call) to prove that although it looks similar, you knew what I wanted and designed it custom to my specifications. That would prevent me from being sued or forced to remove my logo.

If anyone accepts I would like it (but it’s not necessary) to be hi-res, like 1024.768 optimal but 800x600 or even 50xWhatever is fine but the bigger it is the more things I can use it for – powerpoint presentations, word documents, etc…without it becoming pixelated and blurry. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I can use photoshop to easily open an image, then save a new copy of a smaller size really easy but you cannot make it bigger without getting pixelated.

I’d do it myself but I have tried and cannot for the life of me do graphics work worth a darn, I hate it and I suck at it. I know several people here are good at it, even as a hobby and have done homeworld sigs for people in the past.

If you need anymore info or want to give it a shot, just let me know I’d really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Syntax

aka Christopher Gutwein, owner Woody’s Computer Services